NorthShore University HealthSystem partnered with Nuvon—now Bernoulli—to deliver medical device connectivity and integration in order to provide enhanced quality of care and patient safety at the health system’s four Chicagoland hospitals.
Bernoulli developed, deployed and implemented medical device connectivity within anesthesia and critical care areas, including surgical services in the Operating Rooms and supporting departments at all four of NorthShore’s hospitals. Supporting departments include Gastroenterology, Catheterization Lab, Interventional Radiology, Computed Tomography, Labor and Delivery, and Pain Clinic.
Bernoulli’s Nuvon VEGA platform delivers on its promise of accurate, real-time patient data, anytime, anywhere, because it is the only system that delivers these five unique benefits:
- Best patient care outcomes with real-time synchronized patient data that are available wherever the patient is, and wherever the clinician is, on multiple platforms like workstations, tablets, or Smart phones.
- Lowest overall cost of ownership, with a single system management controller that does not require expensive add-ons as the hospital expands connectivity.
- Maximum reliability, with plug and play connectivity supporting the automatic identification patient care devices of any make and model, and a dashboard providing technicians with real-time monitoring and alerts so they can remotely address issues before the clinician realizes that a problem exists.
- Highest level of patient data security and privacy, with data encrypted from the point of capture and throughout the transmission and data access protected by authentication.
- An MDI platform integrated with rules and post-processing that enables creating new information, notifications, analysis and reports from the discrete data collected from the bedside.
To read the entire case study download the Northshore Casestudy PDF.